Feeling slowed down and lost in code and config?
Develop! Do not waste your time running builds
The z2-Environment is an open source infrastructure to develop, configure, and run standard Java solutions without the need for executing builds nor the need for recurring deployments and so reduces development operations costs significantly.
The z2-Environment compiles code and loads configuration and resources as required and selectively from source code repositories or your development workspace leading to fast development roundtrips and consistent deployments, and ultimately to minimized integration pains.
Discover System-Centric Development
In a system-centric approach, everything that makes your system, the configuration, the source code, even the runtime, adheres to one repeatable structure and is kept in a place that can be easily identified. Everything spins around this source of truth, like planets around their sun.
If you want to development, maintain, debug, or even just understand a system on the basis of the z2-Environment, all you need to know is its repository URL.
Debugging and maintenance of your solution landscape is significantly simplified.
Scale without deployment nightmares
The z2-Environment is self-updating from its component repositories - its single source of truth.
As there is no need to make sure consistent deployment are achieved by pushing binaries onto application servers, scaling and updating a solution landscape based on the z2-Environment is almost trivial.
The z2-Environment supports worker processes for robust server operations but can also be embedded into highly scalable mass-data processing environments such as Hadoop and HBase.
Z2 is for you, if:
Your solution gets customized for your customers and you need to support their systems
(Because systems are always complete, change management is transparent and modification as well as debugging is simple).
You are developing and operating a Software-as-a-Service or in-house solution
(The system centric approach is your friend)
Your Solution is highly modular and extensible
(Z2 modules allow you to easily groups code, configuration, web apps etc into module. Extension points can be defined at all levels)
Your Solution has different types of loads that should be independently scalable
(In Z2 you can define and manage different types of worker processes and scale them independently - all based on the same codeline and one overall configuration)
Z2 is NOT for you, if:
You are required or insist on runing your applications on a given application server
(Z2 comes with the Jetty Web Container, a modularization concept, predefined component types, Spring support and much more - but sorry, there are no deployables!)
You are into EJBs and Resource Adapters
(Z2 currently has no EJB container nor Resource Adapter support. We believe you need neither one, really).
You want to build a library for the community
(While Z2 can export binary JARs, you will be better off using ANT or Maven for that purpose)
Your application will not grow beyond one project
(You are lucky - you don't have a problem)
- Vortrag bei der Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. Stuttgart/Böblingen (Oct 1, 2014, more...)
- Pecha Kucha auf dem Entwicklertag in Karlsruhe (Jul 1, 2014, more...)
- v2.3 ready (May 21, 2014, more...)
- v2.3 in the make (Mar 28, 2014, more...)
- v2.2 ready (Jul 31, 2013, more...)
- Meet us at Codemotion Berlin 2013 (Apr 23, 2013, more...)
- Vortrag auf dem Entwicklertag 2013 (Feb 23, 2013, more...)
- Working on v2.2 (Dec 13, 2012, more...)
- Working on v2.1 (Aug 24, 2012, more...)
- Slide Decks from Jazoon and Java Forum are Available (Jul 11, 2012, more...)
- Short-Talk at Jazoon (Apr 28, 2012, more...)
- Meet us at Java Forum Stuttgart (Apr 17, 2012, more...)
- Z2 at gearconf 2012 (Mar 15, 2012, more...)
- New Blog on Z2 and more... (Dec 28, 2011, more...)
- z2-Environment Version 2.0 Available (Nov 6, 2011, more...)
- z2 auf Heise Developer (Aug 1, 2011, more...)
Getting to Know:
- Visit the Wiki at redmine.z2-environment.net
- Browse the reference documentation online.
- Contact us for a face-to-face introduction.